I will be teaching in my home studio in Ellicott City beginning September 7th 2012. Students are encouraged to request a special focus for single classes or a whole session - for ideas, click on Workshop Topics or Instructional Materials.
Classes with Piper in Ellicott City will resume in September 2012
- PiperMethod™ classes and workshops focus on posture, technique, control, isolations, transitions, layering, and musicality, the basis for all styles of Belly Dance.
- Every Friday in Ellicott City.
- 7:15pm Foundations = Levels I-II material at an intensive pace. Intended for those with at least a year or two of belly dance classes with other teachers or extensive training in other dance styles. Please bring ballet slippers, socks, or other coverings for the ball of the foot like foot undies.
- Looking for volunteer PERFORMERS to do 2-5 minute dance between the classes. Here is a chance to practice your latest number and get constructive suggestions for building on your strengths.
- 8:15pm intermediate/advanced = Levels II-IV material, with each technique built upon. As each step is introduced and expanded on, Level II dancers can stick to the covered Level II technique as more advanced dancers speed up and/or layer with additional techniques. Please bring cymbals.
- Drop-in $20 for one, $30 for both. Please email me at one zero zero one piper at gmail dot com for directions and to be sure that there is space.
- 5 week sessions $75 for one, $120 for both
- Students are encouraged to request a special focus for single classes or a whole session - for ideas, click for a complete list of workshop topics
- If class will be cancelled for any reason, the best place to check is my CALENDAR - I rarely cancel class, but if there's a storm or the roads are closed, that's where I'll post first.